Adaptive Books Fun!

Do you like to incorporate literacy activities in speech sessions?  Wished you could use literacy activities with students with limited vocabulary or attention span?  I like to use DIY adaptive books in my speech sessions for these students! 

There are TONS of websites out there that provide printable books ready to use.  I like to print them, laminate them, and make Boardmaker symbols to match the vocabulary on the pages.  Add some Velcro, and done!  You can staple them together, use a binding machine, or just use a binder ring to attach them for safe keeping.  You can use these over and over year after year.  I make these for every theme and concept! 
You can use this activity for a variety of goals:
  • Answering questions
  • Recalling sequences or details
  • Increasing expressive or receptive vocabulary
  • Categorization
  • Expanding utterance length
  • Articulation
  • Attending to task
  • Matching
  • And more!
Where to find these books?  Check out the following websites!
Did I miss any websites?  Feel free to share! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I recently made an adapted book for Pete the Cat that I have found great success in using with my students with autism. I am trying to share it with people who share their own resources to build a network where we can have easy access to good materials. Please use my book and share it with anyone you think would like it!


You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...