Halloween Dollar Spot Fun Finds!

Are you addicted to the dollar store and Target's dollar spot like I am?!  My favorite time of the year to browse these stores is Halloween time!!  I went yesterday to Target and look at what I got!!!!
As you can see above, for $4, I got Halloween BINGO, a pumpkin face felt kit, and fun jack-o-lantern mini tin buckets!!  How do I plan on using these?!!?

Halloween BINGO:
  • Building Halloween vocabulary
  • Turn taking
  • Teaching and practicing game "social vocabulary"
  • Prepositions
  • Matching/Same/Different
Pumpkin Face:
I got this specifically for one student but I may go back and get enough for a whole class which I push into.  They had a ton of variety: pirates, witches, and other silly faces.  I went for the plain face since it will benefit the student I have in mind.  I plan on going to the grocery store and getting a mini pumpkin to decorate!  If I cannot, I will laminate a picture of a pumpkin and put Velcro on the back of the felt pieces!  What goals can I address with this felt kit:
  • Describing textures
  • Face/pumpkin/jack-o-lantern vocabulary
  • 5 senses vocabulary
  • Following directions
  • Can use as a follow-up activity for MANY pumpkin/jack-o-lantern stories/books
  • Compare/contrast pumpkin and jack-o-lantern
  • Can use while participating in a "pretend" trick or treating
  • Following directions
  • Sorting activities
  • Prepositions
  • Can hold game pieces so students don't fidget
As you can tell, for $4 I have TONS of lessons planned for the weeks leading up to Halloween!  I am so excited!  Have you found any fun finds lately?!  Want to see what other SLP bloggers have found?!  Click HERE to visit Teach Speech 365's linky party!!


  1. The pumpkin face looks great! I love Target's dollar spot!



You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...